Friday, June 22, 2007

I'm A Bargain Hunter!

Anyone who know me very well knows how much I love finding a great deal. I love to go to yard sales, shop second hand stores and clearance racks. And one of my major downfalls is my modesty about it all. I'm the kind of gal who when complimented on my outfit will reply "Oh thanks, I got this skirt at a yard sale for a $1.00 and the shirt for .50 cents" I guess everyone should be as excited as I am about the great deal I just found, although I think I sometimes make people feel awkward.

So with that all said I just have to show you all some of the great deals I found this last week for my house...Since we moved here we have been renting some furniture for our living room, however I decided that instead of paying another months rent for our furniture I would, try to find a nice used couch, so I searched the nickle add and found this couch. And yes I have to tell you how much it cost. Only $75.00 which is less than we were paying for one months rent on our furniture



This other item I can't wait to tell you all about I my new bed spread...When we moved I got rid of all my bedroom stuff, so for the past few month I have been wanting to redecorate my bedroom, but I wasn't sure, how I wanted to do it. I decided the best way would be, to find a bedding set that I liked and then go from there, as far as colors and theme. So last weekend at a yard sale I found this comforter with the dust ruffle and pillow shams for.....here it comes.....$10.00 I am so excited!!! Now I can start decorating my room, my walls are like a blank canvas and I get to be the artist.



It's funny what brings us pleasure in life...and how immodest I am about sharing it all with you

2 comments:

meNmykids said...

Yeah, bring it on! So exciting when you get something that would not normally be within your budget, but because you were thrifty you get to enjoy. Awesome deals.

Trina said...

That is awesome! I am a bargain hunter too, so we are kindred spirits in that area. So brag away! lol