Saturday, March 1, 2008

All Kinds of Stuff.....Update.

I realize I haven't posted in a while, time just seems to be quickly passing me by.... and still no posts. Well here in the Easter home I have been trying to focus on getting back on schedule with school work and just our daily routine. I find that after a move it always takes some time to get back in the cycle of normal day life, and get adjusted to new schedules and such. Well I feel like I am finally getting into the groove of things, so maybe I can start posting more frequently again. He he he. However I am sad to report I have not got any decorations up on my walls yet. I don't know what my problem is usually within the first week I have the whole house decked out :) I guess for the most part I am wanting to try some new things in the different rooms, and although I like the newer contemporary style, I am still drawn to the old fashioned country antique style. I think I have watched to many redesign shows on HG TV I just want to incorporate all the styles into my home. I should just pick something and go for it.

I can't tell you how happy I am to be in our new house! We are enjoying all the extra space and most importantly BATHROOMS :) It has been so nice living so much closer to Mary and Trina. My younger girls go to the same school as Mary's boys, and they even get to ride the same bus, so that has made the transition to this school a lot easier for them. They seem to be fitting in really well, and everyone at the school has been really nice.

Well this last week was Hayden's birthday....my baby is 2 years old! The time from when he was born until now has gone by so fast. It is hard to believe he is really 2 I find myself trying to keep him a baby as long as I can. I remember when Alyssa was a baby...the bottle was gone once she turned one, and I tried breaking her from the pacifier at that point too. By 1 1/2 she was no longer a baby....she was the big sister and I thought she should act accordingly. It's kind of sad when I think about it now. So I am savoring every moment and letting Hayden be a baby much longer. However the bottle and pacifier are going to have to go after a while, and I do look forward to the next stages. When he begins to express his thoughts and feeling in words and not just grunts, whines, and hand movements.

We didn't have any kind of big party this year for Hayden, I figure at the age of 2 they really don't care, and why have a big fiasco if you don't have to?? So we just had a simple party at the house with our family. I baked a cake. It was pretty sorry looking, but the girls helped decorate it, so it was made with a lot of love. After dinner we all sang "Happy Birthday" for some reason Hayden didn't really like that and he started to cry, but after being consoled by his Dad he did just fine and enjoyed opening his presents. Here are some pictures of our little party.





13 comments:

Cherrie said...

I am so glad you are enjoying your house. I am sure you will figure out how you want to decorate and will do a good job. I feel the same about my baby Samuel and he will be three next month, were does the time go?

Jules said...

Glad to see you back. Don't even worry about it, I know how much time it takes to get back to normal! It is sad how fast our babies grow up. i've lived in this house for a year now and still have some things I need to go through. THey are all in garage where we just keep forgetting baout them. Well, we'll talk to you soon:)

Skylene said...

I can't believe your baby is 2 either. It doesn't seem very long ago I heard the news: Marisela had a boy this time!! My boy is almost 4 months old and I just had him yesterday!

Mom of 3, Aunt of 16 said...

Edgar was 2 when he was no longer a baby. Each of my girls however were still my baby at 3. Its amazing how we see things differently after we've had a few. LOL

meNmykids said...

Keep him a baby! I am keeping Heidi one. He looks so big, it almost makes me sad.

Mrs.Martin said...

There have been moves that it took me a while to finish all the decor up too. You have to wait until that mindset hits you and then you can't stop...lol

Hayden is beautiful, and I can say beautiful for a boy since I have five boys myself. It is strange how quickly they seem to grow up. I say keep him a baby as long as possible too!!

Trina said...

Okay that last comment was from me.....Teresa was signed in last, so there ya go. Anyway I figure the five boys may have given it away but just in case you were dazed and confused....lol

marykathryn said...

AWEE Hayden is a cutie!! It is great having you guys so close and the having the kids in the same school is such an added bonus! I would say put some pics up of your new house, But I get to see it first hand so I'm good..LOL

Mrs.Martin said...

First of all, Hayden is so Cute! I enjoyed watching him climb the stairs on Sunday and well, it made me miss my little guy. I thought the cake was pretty too.

Trina said...

I am greedy for more posts Marisela! You have enough going on in that house of yours that I KNOW you can throw up a few more in a month....so come on...treat us!

Chantel H said...

You could always have another to fill the "baby" spot. Hehe.

Sabriena said...

2? Two? TWO? How on earth? Okay, I can't really say anything else, since I'm still trying to absorb the idea that Hayden was born TWO YEARS ago!

Oh, and I agree, there is no use in having a big party when he won't even remember it... besides, if he cried with a small group, imagine how he would have been if you'd had tons of people over, singing to him!

Barbara Reed said...

He's getting so big. By the way Daniel still cries every year when we sing to him, but when I ask him every year he wants us to sing, I assume we are really bad singers. LOL! Anyway loved seeing the pics of Hayden and the house soooo pretty, empty but pretty.